Thursday 12 May 2016

Yoda Buddha

Yoda Buddha
271min/23.73m/$1.80
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1092181

A friend of mine requested this a long time ago but it would have costed a lot to do in ABS.
$1.80 is amazing.
For this one I added supports using FlashPrint so it was a good test of overhangs and doing a larger object than figures.  I used the blue tape/glue stick combo for this one, but I also tested another feature in the Finder:

Auto Shut Off When Finished

When your object is printing, in the bottom right there is the wrench/screwdriver symbol for options.  Press that


Now just click on Finish-Shutdown and the Finder will power off when it is done the print!  This was awesome because I can now print before I go to sleep! (Make sure you have adequately working fire alarms because you never know!)


So this morning I woke up and got this out of the print.  The supports came off quite easily and didn't merge like in my previous experiences.
With all the supports off, it's actually an awesome print!  Just be gentle around the ears!

Be gentle around the ears should you!




No comments:

Post a Comment