Sunday 29 May 2016

Flashforge Finder Filament Jam

So my 2nd Flashforge Finder has been mostly problems so far.
There were 2 filament binding jams in the actual filament roll which was a brand new one that didn't come with the printer.
People seems split as to how this is caused. In my opinion it is possible for it to be caused by the user, and the supplier. On the user side, if you unwound a bunch or the spool isn't tight, the filament can slip and bind itself.  So maybe the first one was me when I noticed it got loose.

Now I've been pretty meticulous in tracking my prints.  I record what I printed, how long it took and the converted cost.  So that's why I can say that 67.39m later I got a 2nd jam on the sam spool and it's not my fault because 67.39m is a LONG ways away, like buried deep under lots of tightly wound filament and I seriously doubt unraveling a bit would affect it that far down.


The only solve for this is to cut the filament, untangle it and feed it back in.

It's hard to predict a tangle when it's 67m down into the spool so it looks like if I do a big print, I'll have to rely on luck for a bit unless I get some kind of system where I can redo the winding on spools.



No comments:

Post a Comment