Saturday 7 May 2016

Mechwarrior/Battletech Catapult

Mechwarrior/Battletech Catapult
217min/10.26m/$0.78
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1383315

The idea of a 78 cent Battletech mech is very appealing but to do it right you have to go into Mechwarrior Online's files and modify the design files to be 3d printable.  Being impatient I tried something online.

This design is good because it is already in parts which makes sense.  I've tried printing whole Battlemechs before with limited success.

The first one that ran was a failure.  No rafts and only on blue tape, it didn't stick well enough to continue.

I eventually tried again and although it looked pretty rough, it came out completely this time! 

It will take a bit of work to clean it up, but I think when it is primed and painted it will be playable.  The problem now is that I think the scale is too big.

The missile racks can be drilled to fit and rotate on the body!


No comments:

Post a Comment