Saturday 28 May 2016

Lifting Issues

I'm printing a box for an Arduino project for some students and I decided this would be a good test.  Since the Finder does not have a heated bed, long flat parts will tend to lift off the bed, curving it and screwing it up.  I've had some success in the past with putting down the blue tape with glue, but there are limitations to it.

About 15 minutes in I could see that it was already lifting off the plate.  So this one's dead.

I figured I didn't put enough glue on.  Ok...lots of glue goes on now.

2nd print try...no luck.  Still lifting.

3rd print try, still lifting.

 This time I let it go all the way just to see what would happen and it turns out I have even bigger problems.  Because this was with the 2nd Finder, I didn't know if this was the printer or the model.

 So I printed it with the 1st Finder and I got pretty much the same thing.  This means the model's supports were screwed up and if I wanted to keep trying this I'd have to manually add supports like I did in a previous post.
Since this project was pretty important I just did it on our big industrial uPrint Plus and it came out fine, but also like 10 times the cost and time!  The Finder can't do everything better than my uPrint Plus but certainly more things are better on the Finder.



No comments:

Post a Comment