Thursday 12 May 2016

Printer Jam and Fix!

So I decided try and change filament today.
I got some of these vacuum bags off of Amazon to make sure I could put my other filament roll in a place where I don't have to worry about moisture.

HUGE ONES that fit all your filament:  Vacuum Bags
Better sized ones (will let you know how well they fit next week):  Vacuum Bags (small x 4)

Haven't tried them yet because I had bigger problems.

The last time I put in filament, when I tried to unload it, it didn't work . My filament was stuck.  So I just cut it and forced it through while pushing new filament through.

This time it didn't work.  I pushed the filament and it just wouldn't go.  After a long time trying, I decided I'd have to open it up.

There is a really good guide on how to do it here:
Remove Flashforge Finder Blockages

Getting the cover off is easy.  Just use the hex wrench provided with the Finder.
The next step is to remove the black bolt on the side of the servo. It is on the left of the silver screw below.  You need a 1.5 hex wrench for this.  I think there's one provided with the Finder but all my tools got mixed up.  Make sure it's a long one!

After opening it up I found the culprit! I pulled it out with plyers and remember to re-level your print bed after you put it all back together!

The job is not so bad once you get it.  I think after doing it once, I can probably do it again in under 10 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment