Sunday 8 May 2016

Mech Bay - 1:200 scale

Mech Bay - 1:200 Scale
95min / 6.69m/ $0.51

My first personal design from Tinkercad!

I've collected a tonne of the Nicimo 1/200 scale mechs to use for large scale Battletech for a while and I thought it would be neat to design a Mech Bay for it.  This is my first Tinkercad design printed on this printer and the first time I've printed it.

Here's my drawing on Tinkercad.  This is a really basic but really easy to use CAD program that is free from Autodesk.  Just make an account, do all the lessons and you're good to go.  It will automatically save your progress so don't be shy in making duplicates of work!

Here's what it looks like in FlashPrint.  Once it has been prepped in g-code you can actually scroll through the layers to see what it would look like.  I like the honeycomb shape it uses to fill the base plate.

Here it is almost an hour into the print.  You can see the honeycomb is coming out quite nice.  I'm using blue tape for the build plate on this one.


And here's the final.  It came out quite well!  No lifting so the tape did a great job this time.
Now adding the figure for fit.  Too tight!  Have to make changes but hey - this is what's great about having your own 3d printer right?  I'll mod this until it fits and then start adding in some finer details.




No comments:

Post a Comment