Friday 6 May 2016

Green Lantern Ring

Green Lantern Ring
33 min/2.41m/$0.18
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3550

You can wield the power of the Green Lantern Ring for 18 cents???  What the?

I picked this particular model on Thingiverse because the file was made so no rafts would be needed and the detailed side was face down, thus easier to print.  The first one I did a student wanted.  Then I printed another and a student wanted that one.  So I got home and made a third for myself but at 90% size.  The model is Size 13 which is big for me and 90% got it down to the size 11 or whatever my finger is.

The model prints really well.  All you have to do is pop it off the plate and you're good to go!

Since Flashforge provided a free roll of translucent green, it's only natural to make lots of these!

It should be noted that my 3rd print of this didn't turn out very smooth on the details for the the front of the ring.  I can sand it down but it wasn't as great as the others and I'm not sure why.  I will have to do another to figure that part out.

No comments:

Post a Comment