Wednesday 8 June 2016

Starting With the Creator Pro

Setup went well.  Instructions in the manual were good enough.  
Plate leveling went well also.  The card included with the box that you can use for leveling is nice.

With my Finder I printed a filament tube guide from Thingiverse:

The bad thing is that the connector side snapped, but the good news it still worked.

I'm not sure if it's Flashforge's filament but the filament snapped TWICE while I was loading it!

Loading the PLA filament into the right extruder was fairly straight forward and just like the Finder.
What's interesting is that the filament that came out was kind of red and merged with my green filament.  I assume this shows the printer was tested with red filament before it came out of the factory.



 Differences moving up from the Finder to Creator Pro:

  1. Interface:  definitely not as nice as the Finder's touch screen.  But this is just cosmetic preferences.
  2. Build plate leveling knobs - not as easy to get at like the Finder.  Partially obstructed by the metal build plate.  Not a huge issue, just different than the Finder.
  3. Heating the build plate will mean it will take longer to print but this is the sacrifice for not having parts lift.  You can turn this option off I think.
  4. You can't remove the build plate so tougher parts have to be muscled on top of the build plate inside the machine.  I'm concerned this can put off my z-axis.
Patience...steeper learning curve but it will all pay off in the end.


1 comment: