Sunday 5 June 2016

My 3D Printing Tool Kit

What's currently in my 3D printing tool kit:

First of all lets frame this right:  My kit is for when I go traveling with my 3D printer which I do almost ever day.
Hobby Tool Box:  I got this from Solutions but I'm not sure if they sell it any more.  It basically expands when you open it, has 2 levels and I'm able to fit almost everything inside.

In the Tool Box:
  1. Hex wrenches and screwdriver that came with the Flashforge Finder
  2. Elmer's Washable Gluestick (always have a spare)
  3. 3D printed Ring Sizers (test people's ring sizes before you build the ring)
  4. Work Gloves (wear the one that holds the part you are trying to scrape off.  This is so that my scraper does not jab my hand since I don't want to bleed all over my 3d print!)
  5. Sandpaper

 In the tool case (from right to left in the picture)
  1. Husky Paint Scraper from Home Depot
  2. Plastic paint scraper from Walmart 
  3. Metal eating utensil knife (before I got the scrapers...don't use this as much now)
  4. Tweezers
  5. Long needlenose plyers
  6. Wire clippers
  7. Elmer's Washable Gluestick
  8. Husky Utility Knife (great for cutting painter's tape)
  9. Blue Painter's Tape (get the widest one you can!)
  10. Scissors
  11. File (for smoothing out rough printed edges)

  Other Items:
  1. Vacuum seal bags with dessicant bags (I save them from various things and use them here to help stop the stored filament from absorbing any moisture)
  2. Spare build plates and build plate sheets (I like a faster turnover)
  3. Digital caliper (for measuring part accuracy.  Got a cheapy one from Amazon)
  4. Measuring tape

No comments:

Post a Comment