Monday 6 June 2016

Day 0 with the Flashforge Creator Pro

Picked up the 2016 Flashforge Creator Pro and Simplify 3D from Digitmakers today!  Also grabbed some filament including glow-in-the-dark and PLA+ to play with.  Lots of learning to do in my summer!
Opening the box there's the Quick Start Guide to go through that also has instructions on how to unpack to Creator Pro.
 It was pretty stuck in the box, but with my wife's help we got the whole thing out.
 And here's what the extruder unit looks like before I put it to work.  Good bye clean extruders!
 I had noted the heating block was bigger on one extruder and emailed Digitmakers about it.  It's not a problem.
 Now the top of the Creator Pro has this chunk of styrofoam in it that is holding the spool holders and some cables and tools.  The diagram shows it lifting out pretty easy but for me this was a HUGE problem.  It was so jammed in there it took me 10 minutes to wrestle with it to get it out.  Definitely not as easy to set up as a Flashforge Finder!
 One thing I should point out is that it comes with a fan that will blow onto your print surface.  I didn't even see this pointed out on the website or pictures before I bought the printer so it was a most welcome surpise!
That's all for today!  I'm going to print some Thingiverse mods before I put the Creator Pro to work.  I'll put that up in the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment